[AusNOG] Happy new year / New rules for age-restricted internetand mobile content after the 20th of january 2008

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Wed Jan 2 14:02:15 EST 2008

"A much smaller ISP than us has indicated
around half a million for just a few POPs.   So, we'd be up for many
millions of dollars just to identify flow levels (around a dozen ADSL
POPs), let alone the content."

Wholesalers will start to provide Government Approved Clean Feed
IP/Transit Service and Normal IP/Transit Service.  We (iSeek) did that
with Optus in 1999, where ISP's could get a filtered service via Optus
PVC anywhere in Australia and a normal feed via another Optus PVC.  This
meant that the ISP's (particularly small) did not have to directly
invest in the filtering infrastructure.

Cheers

[b]