[AusNOG] iiNet's mail black lists

Paul Raj Khangure ausnog at digitaljunkie.net
Tue Sep 18 19:04:04 EST 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 04:17:05PM +0800, Guennadi M wrote:

> Is there a way to get out of iiNet's email black lists? It gives us a
> lot of headache as a lot of our clents forward emails to their iiNet
> mail boxes. I sent emails to iiNet, but they just say, "it takes
> time". We can't afford to wait.

ISPs can't afford to let known spam sources relay mail.

If an IP isn't running any anti-spam software in front of the mail it
then relays, then from the ISP's point of view, its not much different
from an open relay being exploited by spammers.

> Is there anyone we can talk to iiNET or do something to fix it up?

I'll see what I can do.

But if your IP is still relaying a high proportion of spam, it will end
up black listed again.

prk.