[AusNOG] DNSBL.net.au

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Wed Jan 18 22:38:12 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 01:15:04PM +1100, Andrew Mouawad wrote:
> Has anyone had any dealings with www.dnsbl.net.au <http://www.dnsbl.net.au/>
I use them for my home mailserver.

> These guys are cowboys, they don't simply block an IP that has been reported
> for spam, they block the whole bloody subnet. So our hosting server has been
dnsbl is actually an agregate of multiple BLs.  The reject message
should of told you which one (or the lookup will).

For example, the rmst list will block a /24 if there are two confirmed
sources of spam. I didn't think any of the T1 lists did that.

In any case, your email was rejected because the administrator of that
remote server thought it was a good idea and they are quite entitled to
doing that.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer