[AusNOG] FW: [CAnet - news] Charging content providers is nowhappening

Bob Purdon bobp at staff.pipenetworks.com
Wed Jan 18 10:20:23 EST 2006

> "It's the shipping business of the digital age," Smith said,
> arguing that consumers should welcome the pay-for-delivery concept.

The consumers are already paying for delivery.

As far as it being the shipping business of the digital age, I'm not
aware of any shipping business where both the sender AND the receiver
pay the shipping company :-)

But this sort of carry on would surely only encourage smaller operators
and content providers to peer, and cut the tier-1's out of the picture.

All sounding kind of familiar really...