[AusNOG] Telstra contacting ex-ADSL customers - illegal?

mike at ozonline.com.au mike at ozonline.com.au
Tue Sep 28 11:47:52 EST 2021

Hi All,

One of our customers who was formerly with Telstra ADSL
who transferred to NBN FTTC with us
received the following email from Telstra's "TBB Broken Bundles" Team.

I rang the 1800 number and the email relates to the customer's former
ADSL service which of course is no longer connected given they have FTTC,
which Telstra could check with a cursory service qualification.

Is this a bare faced and illegal attempt to churn former
customers back to Telstra?

- Michael Bethune
Australia On Line