[AusNOG] AusNOG 2.0? And Conference?

David Hughes david at hughes.id
Fri Jan 15 12:02:01 EST 2021

Hi Warrick

Thanks for your interest in AusNOG. Naturally, the last year has been
challenging and saw us not hold the annual conference for the first time
since our inception. It also reduced the urgency on some of our internal
projects, although they continue to progress.

Regarding changing the legal entity that operates AusNOG, our objective
has always been to move to a more traditional Not For Profit structure.
That work is well underway.

Regarding the conference, we retain a booking for September at the
Fullerton Hotel Sydney (nee Westin Sydney) which we will use if the
COVID situation allows. We met recently to discuss other options for
2021 should it prove challenging to hold our traditional event. We'll
provide details to this list when we have more concrete plans and the
COVID restrictions stabilise further.

Regards

David