[AusNOG] Status page recommendations

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Mon Nov 23 11:09:03 EST 2020

Hi Everyone!

I'm hoping to get some recommendations on a status page product. We originally signed up for statuspage.io because that seems by far the most popular, but were surprised to find that what I would have thought were basic features that we need, are missing.

So far I haven't found any other product that does what we're after, either. Hoping someone else has. In particular we are missing:

*         The ability to allow users to subscribe to maintenance events differently to outage notifications. E.g. users want SMS notifications for outages, but only email notifications for maintenance. Many people don't want late night SMSes of regular scheduled maintenance, some do.

*         Or further to this, some users don't want to subscribe to maintenance notifications at all, but yet do want outage notifications.

*         The other thing we're missing is the ability to manage subscribers as contacts. E.g. instead of a list of random mobile numbers, to associate an email and mobile to a contact so we can see who it is and what company they're from.

*         We need component/service level subscriptions, but that seems to be a standard feature all providers offer. So no problems there.

The first two items: granular subscriptions for maintenance events is really the deal breaker, and surely we aren't the only ones who need this. Atlassian has said this is a feature request, but won't give any details or an ETA. Managing contacts we could live without.

We really want it to be hosted on third-party infrastructure and a turnkey solution, for obvious reasons, but I'm open to looking at anything at this point.

Thanks all!

Rhys Hanrahan
Chief Information Officer
Nexus One Pty Ltd

E: support at nexusone.com.au<mailto:support at nexusone.com.au>
P: +61 2 9191 0606
W: http://www.nexusone.com.au/
M: PO Box A356 Sydney South, NSW 1235
A: Suite 12.03, Level 12, 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000

[http://quintus.nexusone.com.au/~rhys/nexus1-email-sig.jpg]
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain; a. Confidential information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd, or third parties; and or b. Legally privileged information of Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd, or third parties; and or c. Copyright material Fusion Technology Solutions Pty Ltd, Nexus One Pty Ltd or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact the sender immediately by return email or by telephone on 02 91910600 and delete the email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with any computer virus, data corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of this email.