[AusNOG] Large scale hit - Melbourne area?

DaZZa dazzagibbs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:38:45 EST 2020

Hi folks.

Long shot, I know, but did anyone see a large scale hit on traffic in
the Melbourne area around 16:00 today?

I have reports from numerous staff - both in our office and working
remote via VPN - of traffic loss across multiple ISP's.Probably 30-45
seconds outage.

I can't see anything in my logs - router adjacencies and routing are
stable and up long term, no logs of mass reconnects to VPN portals -
yet I'm now up to at least 30 reports from differing areas in
Melbourne (CBD and suburbs, not country area), all at the same time.

Anyone else see anything? I can't see a reason for it anywhere

Cheers.