[AusNOG] IPsec issues over Telstra

Daniel Carpenter daniel.carpenter at live.com
Fri Aug 7 21:42:03 EST 2020

Yeah that was my understanding of it. The telsta.extranet APN gives us a proper public IP on the end device but still NAT's the traffic.
FortiGate do their own take on DMVPN but its proprietary to FortiOS and you require a FortiGate on each end. These RUTX11's run RTSP video and audio streams back to our DC for live monitoring so the remote networks are small and low power consumption and the RUTX11 is an amazing unit.

Going to play around with GRE over IPSEC as it is supported on both hardware. If that fails ill have to build our WAN up to IPv6 and try that.