[AusNOG] AusNOG 2020 Cancelled

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Thu Apr 23 16:10:09 EST 2020

Good afternoon all,

Planning and preparation for AusNOG 2020 has been on hold due to the COVID-19 outbreak.  While the conference is scheduled for September, it takes months to organise the event, including asking our speakers to commit to travel.  It also exposes AusNOG to contractual obligations and financial commitments.  The uncertainty of the current situation leaves us in a position where we cannot move forward with the organisation of AusNOG 2020 with confidence.

The Board has decided to cancel AusNOG 2020.  We have negotiated with the venue to reschedule the current booking for the 2021 conference.  AusNOG 2021 will be held in Sydney at the Fullerton Hotel on the 2nd and 3rd of September.  We wish you well during these difficult times and look forward to seeing you at AusNOG 2021.

Regards,

David
On behalf of the AusNOG Board