[AusNOG] Risks to country and business infrastructure

Tim Sheahan tim at timsheahan.com
Wed Sep 11 10:58:47 EST 2019

Let's all bear in mind that we're still operating within the imagination
constraint of human agency. As long as we're imagining, I'd like to see
more people thinking about how the rules might change in the information
security sphere, if someone seems to be approaching the achievement of
human-level artificial general intelligence.

As for the rest, with respect for the potential usefulness of brainstorming
new cases -

I've been wondering when we'll see a stop-thread on this topic.

As others point out, movie plots tend to be encompassed within the planning
sphere of Information Security and its subcategories of availability,
integrity, confidentiality, authentication, accountability.

When someone questions whether this-or-that was predicted, this seems most
likely to indicate either the plausibility of the threat, or which side of
a closed door the questioner was on when the discussions were held.

 - Tim