[AusNOG] Layer2 NBN & 4G

Jonathan Brewer jon.brewer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:38:43 EST 2019

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 11:25, SIP ISP <mrsipisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been in communication with AAPT whom no longer offer their NWB
> service which I am unsure as to why this is. But I am purely looking for
> Layer2 so I can take care of my own realm and authentication.

I have a private data service on 2degrees mobile in New Zealand. It's not
L2, they run a VRF for me. My own IP ranges and routes are pushed to
subscribers once they auth against RADIUS.

When I set this up years ago I wanted an L2 solution but it wasn't
something they could offer. I've been happy with what they supplied & when
I need to provide L2 (frequently) I use Mikrotik routers & EoIP tunnels.

-JB