[AusNOG] AAPT announcing my IP range (STOP IT!)

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Oct 15 13:17:08 EST 2018

I had an nbn service though an aapt reseller/wholesaler.
That service was recently decommissioned (no longer required).
It did however have a IPv4 /24 address routed over it which was supposed
to be dropped at the same time. (The disconnection order to aapt included
a statement to that effect).

The service has been disconnected for almost a week, yet appt are still
announcing my IP address. The account rep has said that basically,
paraphrasing, "the address should have been dropped before the service was
terminated, there is no way to change the routes now that the service is
no longer active".

Account rep allegedly spoke with faults and was unable to get anything
done. Surely this cannot be "normal practice"??

I'm told that aapt are going to "reinstate the service" so the route can
be dropped...

I'm concerned that either (a) they won't be able to fix it, or (b) it will
take then 20 days to achieve, and neither is acceptable.

I'm not the account holder with aapt, and don't have any accounts or
services with aapt, so presume they won't even talk to me. If that's the
case, how does one procede? I need to use the /24 and route it where it
needs to be, in a timely manner.

This is in many regards, similar to the "Someone in another country is
announcing my IPs" a couple of weeks back, except this is a legacy problem
exacerbated with either incompetence, inadequate systems or disinterest.

Thanks,
R.