[AusNOG] Telstra mobile issues again?

Karen Hargreave karen at iamunique.net.au
Tue May 22 22:22:31 EST 2018

Ok, devils advocate side to the rant..

Firstly, let me say that I am not against your idea in the sense that there is definitely a need for small businesses to be more agile.

Ok, that said. Yes, one could think that a small business could be more agile, but then, they pay for a service. It probably isn't the cheapest, but they pay for it anyhow because the name brings an element of trust. Small businesses generally don't have the ability to reach into a draw and pick up a sim from another provider just to keep them on the air. Even if they can, how do they tell their customers of a phone number change? Who do they tell? Yes, a solution could involve other types of voice services to be contacted on, but then there is the question, if part of what they are paying for is trust in the brand, then well...  you know where I am going.

Oh, and food for thought, almost literally...  try working at a food delivery place when the competitor has no eftpos...  yes, they do lose money :) and customers :)

Sent from my iPad