[AusNOG] Telstra mobile issues again?

Jason Leschnik jason at leschnik.me
Tue May 22 21:49:04 EST 2018

The Media and the Public's response to this is a little disheartening.
Before I got into the world of networking I'd be part of the masses on
WhingePool ragging on the ISPs. The more I see behind the curtain of the
industry I sympathise that the problems we face are large and complex. Most
people struggle to perform simple "adult" functions but yet believe that a
large insanely complex organisation with many moving parts isn't just as
potentially flawed is baffling. So many comments on Twitter with business
owners blaming Telstra for their "insane financial loss" due to the outage
but in saying that, isn't their lack of BCP nothing more than the same
thing Telstra saw if not worse? A small company is much more agile to
create a simple BCP for events like this.

/Rant