[AusNOG] Mikrotik routers in HA environments

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Tue Jun 26 12:30:04 EST 2018

hahahah RouterOS v7

Alien's will land, Unicorn horns will be found and there will be a
steaming pile behind every rocking horse before we see that.

Matt.

On 26/6/18 12:18 pm, Joseph Goldman wrote:
> Full table import is 2-5minutes.
>
> Route table lookups, depends. If you are going for an actual route
> entry i.e. 1.2.3.0/24, it can be very quick, or even 'All routes in
> 1.2.0.0/18' for instance and list anything within that route.
>
> If you want to do show me best route for 1.2.3.4, its still very slow
> (to the point I dont use it in troubleshooting personally, just start
> at the /16 and filter down myself with the quicker lookups)
>
> These are things reported to be better in the infamous RouterOS v7
> (Coming Soon(tm))
>
> On 26/06/18 12:08, Brad Evans wrote:
>>
>> Hey Cameron,
>>
>> How long does it take to load full tables and also how do you find
>> the speed of doing routing table lookups from the CLI?
>>
>> Last time we investigated this, both of the above were painfully slow
>> when taking full tables.
>>
>> -Brad

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379        Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299        matt at spectrum.com.au
                                    Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         Spectrum Networks is a member of the Communications Alliance & TIO
*/