[AusNOG] Mikrotik routers in HA environments

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Jun 26 12:18:13 EST 2018

Full table import is 2-5minutes.

Route table lookups, depends. If you are going for an actual route entry
i.e. 1.2.3.0/24, it can be very quick, or even 'All routes in
1.2.0.0/18' for instance and list anything within that route.

If you want to do show me best route for 1.2.3.4, its still very slow
(to the point I dont use it in troubleshooting personally, just start at
the /16 and filter down myself with the quicker lookups)

These are things reported to be better in the infamous RouterOS v7
(Coming Soon(tm))