[AusNOG] Mikrotik routers in HA environments

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at cloud365.com.au
Tue Jun 26 11:57:40 EST 2018

Hi All,

We are about to deploy a new location, which we normally do with our SOE around Cisco router kit (2 of them for redundancy).

I was talking with another DC customer and they swear by Mikrotik router gear over Cisco.

I've played with Mikrotik in a domestic/home fibre connection scenario, but not in a DC environment.

What's the consensus from others?

Can a pair of Mikrotik routers be configured for a *reliable* HA scenario ?

Happy to chat offlist or share if this is of interest to others.

Cheers

Darren.