[AusNOG] Recovering "disconnected" POTS number??

Travis mallik at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 29 22:42:56 EST 2017

It sounds like an NBN 'managed disconnection'

My understanding is after the 18 month period there is a soft disconnection
date and a hard disconnection date.

At the soft disconnection date Telstra do a 'temporary disconnect' which
leaves the phone number in a 'not usable' and 'not portable' state but the
number is still technically active in the Telstra billing system so you
cant do an Exchange Based Diversion 'CDN0' because the number is still
assigned to the temporary disconnect line.

In this state you cant even do any modify orders on the number ie to remove
line hunt etc for porting.

Assuming the number is temporary disconnected then if the customer provides
evidence of an NBN order in progress ie an NBN ORDXXXX or AVCXXXX number
then  Telstra should reactivate the line.

If the line is hard disconnected then there should be no impediment to
reconnecting it as an exchange based diversion CDN0 and then porting the
number.

There is an NBN 'Managed Disconnections' team within Telstra that handle
these sort of numbers.