[AusNOG] TPG and iiNet networks merged?

Matt Selbst matt.j.selbst at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:36:52 EST 2017

Hi All,

I've seen various conflicting postings on this and thought I'd ask the
question.

Are TPG retail and iiNet still running separate networks or have they now
merged in to one?

As far as I can tell the big differences between the two is that iiNet
still peers on the various peering exchanges and uses IPoE on NBN whereas
TPG doesn't peer (outside of PIPE) and uses PPPoE for NBN auth.

Given the different NBN auth mechanisms would they be running separates
CVCs to NBNco?

Just wondering if anyone with knowledge knows if they are truly technically
separate networks or if they are just two brands now running on the same
network?

-Matt