[AusNOG] Borrowed addresses, data retention, court orders etc.

Chris Ford chris.ford at inaboxgroup.com.au
Wed Jan 25 14:49:26 EST 2017

> If they simply look up the apnic database and issue a "demand" to me, for example, I will have absolutely no way to give them the data.
> While I could refer them to my friend, have I got my neck in the noose here too?

You're not the CSP providing service, you are just "leasing" him some address space. So I don't think any obligation lands on you (not a lawyer, don't play one on TV etc).

Yes they would probably use APNIC to find who is allocated the address and come to you. You just need to pass them on to your friend. "The authorities" are generally pretty used to having to hunt around a bit to get to the right contact, and in my experience are appreciative of people who assist.

--
Chris Ford | CTO
Inabox Group Limited