[AusNOG] Sky Muster - Grey Nomad Clarification

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Thu Apr 13 15:40:36 EST 2017

Hi Cameron,

The latest NBN technical spec document is here:
http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/documents/sfaa-wba2-product-catalogue-nebs-product-tech-spec_20170109.pdf

Quote from page 75:
NEBS supplied by means of the NBN Co Satellite Network is delivered to a Premises using a physical NTD (Satellite Network Termination Device or S-NTD).
The S-NTD is intended for residential deployments, primarily for single-dwelling premises, for the supply of the NEBS by means of the NBN Co Satellite Network. However, it may be used for other types of deployment subject to NBN Co’s confirmation of suitability.

It goes on to describe how they determine dish types etc.

The comment about “other types of deployment” leaves the door open, but the documentation is definitely focussed on fixed premises installations. I suspect you would need to discuss other use cases with an account manager.

Good luck ☺

Regards,
Philip Loenneker | Network Engineer | TasmaNet