[AusNOG] Sky Muster - Grey Nomad Clarification

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Apr 13 15:40:44 EST 2017

Hi,

It looks like they're working towards making it mobile, with the Qantas
trails a success, and with an aim to support the Royal Flying Doctor
Service, I think it's only a matter of time.

Qantas Trail -
http://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/media-centre/media-releases/Qantas-Wi-Fi-Partner-Announcement.html

RFDS Trail -
http://www.criticalcomms.com.au/content/public-safety/news/qantas-sky-muster-trial-a-success-1031006694

Jamie

On 13 April 2017 at 15:27, Cameron Murray <cameron.murray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Afternoon,
>
> A customer has come to us about using a NBN Sky Muster service on a Donga
> that moves around the country to various mine sites and region construction
> zones.
>
> Currently they utilize Telstra 3g/4g where possible but frequently are
> without phone or data services.
>
> From what I know the NBN Sky Muster product is for a fixed location only?
>
> Any clarification that can be provided is appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Cameron

Jamie Lovick <-> IT Consultant <-> AU <-> +61-4-1479-1681
                                -> US <-> +1-8018-4-JAMIE (52643)
                                -> FR <-> +33-9-7073-0340
Doof.org                        -> Em <-> jalovick at doof.org