[AusNOG] Complexity is not an excuse for an industry-wide cop-out (was Re: Conroy quit.)

Jared Brown ausftth at mail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:19:12 EST 2016

From: "Robert Hudson"
>> Excluding overseas bandwidth, is there some reason New Zealand can't have good broadband for $55 per month?
>> Several north European countries with similar land and population sizes seem to manage.
>
> European countries that are neither surrounded by vast oceans nor half a world away from major global population centres...
  While this is undeniably true, this should only affect transport costs to and from AU/NZ, not the other cost components of providing service, as compared to similar EU countries. Hence the qualifier "excluding overseas bandwidth" in my question. Or do you feel lack of proximity has an effect on local costs?

Jared