[AusNOG] Fibre / conduit maps

Adrian Bone adrianbone at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 17 11:29:00 EST 2016

I wouldn't think DBYD would be of much use in private property, except maybe
to locate a sewer main.  I was wrong when I said contains conduit information
but not much else, looking at a 2014 query, looks to be detailed cabling info

I've never waited more than 2 minutes for auto replies and never seen anything
about paying for anything. The data I receive seems to be spot on with whats
under the ground, but I've only had to use it a few times when I needed
drawings at short notice.

Occasionally I'll come across something not on any drawings, if the excavator
hits the warning danger tape above the conduit then its safe, if it doesn't
have that then damage depends on luck, what the service is and if the spotter
sees it. Underground electrical is heavy duty and the excavator will normally
grab and pull forward before any damage, gas seems to be the same. Comms and
sewer are different, while every care is taken if your unlucky you hear a faint
snap/pop noise but sometimes you pull the bucket up with a fibre caught in it,
or the trench starts filling up..

Below is cable info on a street corner, just to give an idea of what to expect
and if DBYD would be of any use to you

Hope that helps

4P80
MLOO 3003
KSLY 3001
387.0 V
713.0 LOOP
GIRR 3001
V 713.0
696.0 LOOP
LDLE-GNRX 1213.8
GIRR-GNRX 7827.3
KSLY-GNRX 5083.8
F MLOO 3003 10416.9
F KSLY 3001 5092.3

F WANO 4601:BD-BP/1-312   312F/-  SMOF FNPEHJ/STD (AA)
      c4502:YY-BP/1-144   144F/-  SMOF FNPEHJ/STD (AA)
F KSLY 3001:BD-AD/1-48     48F/-  SMOF FNPEHJ     (AA)
        c11:M1-200      200/0.40 CPFUT            (AB)
         c3:M1-200      200/0.40 CPFUT            (AB)
        c13:M1-100           100 CPFUT MBHJ       (AB)
      c1002:AM-AD/1-60     60F/-  SMOF FNPEHJ/STD (AB)
DEAD O.T.C CABLE                                  (BA)
F MLOO 3003:BD-AD/1-36     36F/-  SMOF FNPEHJ     (BB)
F GIRR 3001:AO-AD/1-18     18F/-  SMOF FNPEHJ     (BB)
1xP31 SUBDUCTS                                    (BB)
1xP28 SUBDUCTS                                    (BB)