[AusNOG] 4G LTE bridges

Jay Dixon jaybobo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:28:05 EST 2016

Thanks James - those devices fit the bill for what i was after, was hoping
to get something which supported those extra bands as a few of our
locations are in some borderline areas for various frequency coverage.
particularly the Teltonika unit as it supports the Optus bands as well so
gives me options on carrier too.

Kai - the static IP address thing hasn't been an issue for my specific
deployments, the 4G gateways will always be at 'remote sites' so they will
always be the end that initiates the VPN back to our DCs.
I'm planning to have them serve purely as a backup connection to a
land-line service for small warehouses which are typically in locations not
very well serviced by fibre/copper, the costs to get fully diverse paths
into these locations are a bit prohibitive but the 4G alternative gives
more than enough 'diversity' for our service level requirements.