[AusNOG] 10GbE Switching Options

Ben Hohnke settra+ausnog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 10:34:51 EST 2016

For switching, check out Agema. Their 7648 is literally the same switch as
the s4048-ON, just with a different badge on the front, for around half the
price. Downside is they have no local distributor, so it all comes from the
US, however they're cheap enough that you can keep a few on hand as cold
spares.
They have their own switching OS, or you can get whatever whitebox OS that
supports it.

Also, if you're after cheap SFP+'s, check out ATOP / Fiber2c. They do 10G
LR 10k SFP+'s for around 80 bucks each, and their 1g SFP's are ridiculously
cheap. We've been using them for ages, and never had one fail.

I can provide contacts for both if you're interested.

Ben