[AusNOG] SDN meet-up in Melbourne tomorrow (Thu 19 Mar) 5:30pm: talk by Martin Foster, Pacnet

Vijay Sivaraman vijay at unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 18 09:40:45 EST 2015

Hi all,

For those of you interested in Software Defined Networking (SDN), we are hosting an SDN meet-up in Melbourne to co-incide with Cisco Live. We are very excited to have as guest speaker Martin Foster, Cloud Product Architect, Pacnet (recently acquired by Telstra). The beer will start flowing from 5:30pm, with Martin's talk commencing at 6pm. Kindly RSVP via the meetup site at: http://www.meetup.com/Australian-SDN-Meetup

Details of the event are:

Speaker: Martin Foster, Cloud Product Architect, Pacnet
Title: Handing over the keys: handing control of a Telco scale network to its users
Date/Time: Thursday 19 March 2015, 5:30pm – 7:00pm (social and drinks from 5:30pm, talk from 6:00pm)
Venue: RMIT Electrical and Computer Engineering, Building 10, Level 8, Room 20, 376 Swanston Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia.
Speaker Bio: Martin Foster is a Cloud Product Architect at Pacnet. He has been involved with SDN since joining the team that built the Pacnet Enabled Network platform and released it to market in 2013 (PEN, www.pacnet.com/pen/).  He has a Master of Computer Science and Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Vijay