[AusNOG] From the AGD - Data Retention - Starts October 15 2015

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Jun 10 10:36:10 EST 2015

On 10/06/2015 10:22, Joseph Goldman wrote:

> I suppose this is again where the legalese confuses - as the documents (http://www.ag.gov.au/NationalSecurity/DataRetention/Documents/Dataset.pdf [1] specifically) mention things like even if the communication is social media, chat etc (See 5a in that document).

Actually it is pretty clear, as per my own situation in my reply to
Damien, that applies if you *operate* such a service, not which customer
goes to such a service.

But I agree it is poorly written, but what do you expect from a bunch of
clueless wankers who probably need their grand kids to come round to
turn on their own PC's.

Links:
------
[1]