[AusNOG] Job: Head of Network Operations - NEXTDC - SydneyC

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Mon Feb 23 08:26:32 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 08:35:56PM +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
> In $job-1 was fortunate to have a boss who is a good friend and
> genuinely cares about how my career progresses (and the feeling is
> reciprocated).  I actually discussed the opportunity with him and sought
> his advice about it before I interviewed.

In that case, you probably had a good enough relationship to be able to
raise the issue of a pay rise *without* needing to crowbar the issue with a
job offer somewhere else, too.

- Matt

--
And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"  They replied,
"You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the