[AusNOG] Netflix, AWS and Softlayer vs. Australia

Oz Nog oz.nog at yandex.com
Thu Dec 4 19:32:43 EST 2014

> If you choose to use up your quota with other things, then obviously you've got less possible hours of 1080p Netflix per month.
   Obviously. In the end total consumption is what matters and in that total Netflix is the largest chunk in the US, so my statement still stands.
   Root cause analysis of large Internet consumption has been identified as a phenomenon called "teens" based on comments. It seems to correlate with large consumption and large expense in general. In addition to Netflix, an oft quoted service causing large bandwidth usage is Steam with 30GB game downloads.

Cheers,

Baz