[AusNOG] ADSL2+ line sync data

Peter Adkins peter.adkins at kernelpicnic.net
Fri Sep 13 10:40:33 EST 2013

There's a couple of papers available on the IEEE around FEXT with regards
to ADSL2+ services. More specifically, how much of an impact cross-talk can
have within an environment where a large number of surrounding pairs in a
bundle are also used to provide an ADSL2+ service.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4446136

>From what I understand, FEXT could start to be an issue if a large number
of adjacent xDSL services were deployed with out the magic of 'vectoring'
due to this cross-talk. This having been said, I could be way off the mark
here (I haven't even had my morning coffee yet!) in which case I'm happy to
be corrected :)

Regards,
Peter Adkins