[AusNOG] Ethernet Providers - NZ

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu May 23 17:49:50 EST 2013

  We have fibre through Snap at our Christchurch office, and apart from
having to hard-set our router MTU down to ~1450, I've been really happy
with them.  Bear in mind that bandwidth in NZ is painfully expensive -
think 2005-8 pricing in .au..  But then, so are Ipera in Newcastle, so
maybe it's a fibre provider thing..

Regards,

Damien

On 22/05/2013 11:00 AM, Jack Webster wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just wanting to ask whether anyone's had any experience with Corporate
> Ethernet providers (SHDSL or Dedicated Fibre) in NZ.
>
> Contacted a number of providers such as Voyager, Orcon and TelecomNZ
> (or Gen-i). Anyone got word of their reputations?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jack

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG/VK2DGJ. Dip EE. GradIEAust