[AusNOG] MLPPP experiences

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Mar 27 09:31:25 EST 2013

Hi Tony,

  We are using HTTP streams to test at this stage. I will have a look at
UDP streams later to see if I can get more specific results. I'd say
more than likely it is asking for a retransmit.

  I am 99% sure that the difference in link quality will be the cause in
this particular situation, and we are making arrangements for a second
Telstra supplied DSL line to the same premises (so presumably same cable
path and little difference in quality) to test further with, I simply
wanted to get the opinion of those who have had success in MLPPP and
whether or not our deductions are correct or if there are any other
tricks or tips to a successful MLPPP connection.

  Thanks for your response!

Joe