[AusNOG] Ericsson ECN330 & VDSL

Guy Ellis guy at traverse.com.au
Thu Mar 21 15:50:54 EST 2013

Hi Frank,

Yes I've got an ESN212 and that was my original plan.
What I didn't anticipate was that the code in our ECN330's would not
support the EDN624.

I've since managed to find an ECN212 which should solve the issue.
Only problem is I'll have to replace the ECN330's at four sites.

I hereby withdraw my list request for a software upgrade as it might not
be legit - my bad.

Kind regards,
  - Guy.

On 21/03/2013 3:15 PM, Frank Tkac wrote:
> You can do VDSL2 on ECN330's if you have a spare ESN212 in between
> your ECN and EDN6xx. This is a valid deployment scenario but kinda
> messy. This will not work on ECN320's though.
> Also, Ericsson no longer manufacture xDSL kit but they still provide
> support so you should be able to get the software if you have a
> support contract. Not entirely sure around the legitimacy of getting
> it from someone on here - but you may get lucky.
>

> On 21 March 2013 13:59, Matthew Moyle-Croft <mmc at mmc.com.au
> <mailto:mmc at mmc.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     ECN330s don't do VDSL2.
>
>     Need entirely different set of gear.
>
>     MMC
>
>     On 20/03/2013, at 5:59 PM, Guy Ellis <guy at traverse.com.au
>     <mailto:guy at traverse.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > I'm looking for a software upgrade for our Ericsson ECN330 nodes
>     so we can support VDSL2.
>     > We are currently running R9A - does anyone on the list have a
>     later release?
>     >
>     > I have checked with the local distributor but apparently these
>     are now EOL.
>     >
>     > Kind regards,
>     > - Guy.
>     >
>     > --
>     > Guy Ellis
>     > guy at traverse.com.au <mailto:guy at traverse.com.au>
>     > www.traverse.com.au <http://www.traverse.com.au>
>     > T: +61 3 9386 4430 <tel:%2B61%203%209386%204430> M: +61 419 398
>     234 <tel:%2B61%20419%20398%20234>
>     >
>     > AusNOG mailing list
>     > AusNOG at lists.ausnog.net <mailto:AusNOG at lists.ausnog.net>