[AusNOG] IPv6: Where's my tunnel?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Mar 8 16:56:54 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 16:39 +1100, Joshua D'Alton wrote:

> Might be a lot of work involved, might be recouping costs for previous
> work, might be a 5 minute job that requires going up and down the
> chain and therefore costing the company such a setup fee.
>

> As Mark suggested "Why are you people continuing to reward providers
> of IPv4-only transit by giving them money?". Maybe suggest to them
> that you will move to another provider, that might get them to drop
> the setup fee (which I assume must be

Because ipv4 providers can allow you to reach anyone on the internet,
ipv6 is almost as lonely as a few random PC's in a 10/8 LAN

My current provider provides me with an excellent service in
reliability, stability and price, compared to one of the very very very
few ISP's in Oz that do offer ipv6, are you  s e r i o u s l y  going to
suggest I leave them just because they are slack arses at rolling out
ipv6 for end users?  Some people really must live in an alternate
reality.

When TPG offer ipv6 for home users, I'll be amongst the first to take
it, but neither mine, nor your worlds (contrary to the belief of some
here) are going to end because they don't and have no publicly stated
time frame in doing so.