[AusNOG] IPv6 - What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

John Lindsay JLindsay at internode.com.au
Wed Mar 6 23:43:37 EST 2013

Oh, the 3G service is v4 only. It pretends to be layer 2 but really it's layer 3. I can't give two users the same IP address.

This is sad.

The 3GPPP spec isn't dual stack but it is v6 capable so a few mobile operators are doing v6 today rather than CGN.

(They are using transparent proxies to fill the gaps.)

jsl