[AusNOG] IPv4

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 6 21:14:52 EST 2013

The "next Internet" is the Internet of Things, and IPv6 makes it possible. The current "Internet of People" will be pretty tiny compared to the Internet of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_Things

The technology already exists (6LowPAN), and people are already starting to apply it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limemouse/lifx-the-light-bulb-reinvented