[AusNOG] IPv6 Training

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Mar 6 15:43:06 EST 2013

On 6/03/2013 12:50 AM, Bevan Slattery wrote:
> Hey  Skeeve,
>
> Firstly, not kidding about the shirt :)
>
> I've already had approaches from AUSNOG, WAIA and SAGE-AU.  More than happy to get
> ISOC-AU on board as well to support this with their name and members.
>
> My focus is to get a great program together without the fluff,  but I think it will
> be needed to be done in a single day and get as many bums on seats as possible.
>  You're right the key is content/structure and presenters.
Skeeve beat me to it in offering ISOC-AU to assist, which I completely endorse and
support. We'll take the details off list - but I'd  like to see some attention paid to
having all that good material available beyond the single day.
ISOC-AU  runs ipv6.org.au as an information resource site on IPv6 - we could
archive/host all the presentations, code snippets, router config snippets, BRAS config
snippets that people might want to contribute to help others out.

I'd really like to see those that have gone down this path write up some 'heres how we
did it with X equipment' so that those that are also running the same gear can get a
bit of a head start. With snippets from configs, obviously with confidential stuff
edited out.

To keep the momentum up while we wait for the training sessions, I'd like to help
ensure people keep beavering away before the training.
I'm also thinking of putting up a prize for the second retail ISP to deliver IPv6 to
all customers by default (after Internode). Especially over Wholesale DSL ports. Bonus
kudos if its done before the training sessions.
More on this later.

Paul.