[AusNOG] IPv4

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Sun Mar 3 17:47:26 EST 2013

You missed my point.  Sorry clearly I wrote it badly.

I'm not an APNIC member.  I just want to have a play to grow my learning.

In the past we all just used to help each other out and stuff just 'got
done'.

To me, this whole debate is just a joke.  I remember when 'we' used to
be the tight internet community raging against the 'telco PSTN'
community, forging into new ideas, just making stuff happen.

As we've grown up it feels like we've lost our youthful spirit of
community and just making stuff happen.  We seem to have become the
monster we all used to hate on.

Sure, I can email helpdesk at apnic....  but I'm quite sure I'll get
refered to some member ship forms and have to go find myself $3,000
before I can play.

Spence's point was that you could just email some dude called Geoff...
he was everyone's mate, that guy who shows up at the meetings, seems to
know his stuff, writes an interesting blog and hung around one of the
uni's that some of us went to.

Now it's some faceless, nameless email address with no personality, no
love, no sense of 'if ya willing to step up to ask and give it a go then
we'll give you some resource to support you'.

...wonder if I better explained my thoughts?