[AusNOG] Is there anyone from Telstra available who works in the Telstra DNS dept available?

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon Feb 18 10:45:40 EST 2013

> This would most likely be caused by DNS caching, you may need to just sit
> tight for 24 / 48 hours until the Telstra DNS cache expires the old A
> record and refreshes the DNS and gets the new one.

That raises a seperate issue - pet hate perhaps.

Why are there so many people (particularly, it seems, large players) - who
completely disregard published TTLs?

Some of us will deliberately set TTLs down quite low (10-30 minutes) a
day or two in advance of known changes to customers infrastructure - yet
frequently we find some people ignoring the low TTLs and forcing their own
(often 1 or 2 days). It's irritating to say the least.