[AusNOG] Application Firewall Recommendations

Ed Hallett ed at teltech.net.au
Tue Aug 6 10:11:41 EST 2013

Hi people,

Just a simple question, but with a not so simple answer.

We manage considerable clients with ‘cloud’ based servers within Telstra’s utility hosting.

We used to use TMG as a firewall / gateway / security for clients who requested these features,  but this is no longer possible.

I need recommendations on application based (non VM) firewalls which can be installed on server 08 / 12 and capable of the same feature set as TMG. Not as easy to find now..

So, I ask my esteemed peers for words of wisdom.

Well, words, anyway.

Kind regards,

Ed Hallett