[AusNOG] Vocus Route Issue

James Spenceley james at vocus.com.au
Fri Nov 9 10:16:58 EST 2012

All,

We were operating under a hazard for reduced protection. I've just finished on a conference call with SouthernCross who have admitted this morning they performed an unauthorised and un-notified software change to their wavelength switching platform at Alexandria, this blew up. Shortly after this we were able to bring the protection path back into service, restoring all services. As I understand it from SouthernCross the software upgrade issue is still ongoing at Alexandria, SouthernCross are working with the vendor to fix it / rebuild it but currently they are operating on a single path.

A new hazard notification is going out to customers about the lack of current protection and continuing issues SX are having at Alexandria.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and I've escalated the lack of notification within SX as it is simply unacceptable.

--
James