[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missing from PIPE-IX?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Thu Nov 8 23:02:49 EST 2012

Actually being a study of business.. err... studies, I can say that very
rarely do 'business secrets' actually make any difference to the said
business.

I won't parrot on and get into an argument, but one of the forgotten
virtues of capitalism is actually being open about things. Only when you
are open can you truly be competitive (that has to be a saying from some
great capitalist >_>).

Anyone on this list with half a brain already knows why this has happened,
or if not that, how it actually impacts their business, and so can take
actions to mitigate it. For the rest of us, probably including me, it is
just a cost of being ignorant, which really has nothing to do with this
thread, but more scale and the like.

I can understand that, it would be good if businesses were more open and