[AusNOG] FW: Going and Promoting Green in ICT

Adam Gardner Adam.Gardner at vocus.com.au
Tue Apr 24 17:40:09 EST 2012

We found a similar result when we trialled a similar scheme in Perth some time ago.

For colocation however, I would suggest that by its nature, choosing a sustainable site and caring about your bottom line are one and the same.

That is, for example a site with a PUE of 1.6 would be expected to have lower costs than a legacy site with a PUE of 2.5. It also would be definition be using a lower level of resources to produce the same output.

Obviously many factors relate to this statement, but it would hold true if any commercial realities are ignored.

Regards

Adam Gardner