[AusNOG] Network Operators Unite Against SORBS

Shaun Dwyer shaun at dwyer.id.au
Thu Oct 14 17:44:58 EST 2010

On 13/10/2010, at 3:59 PM, Michelle Sullivan wrote:

In the last few jobs I've had, I never even bothered to get in touch with SORBS for delisting because of this advertised 'not-negotiable' fee.
I had previously attempted contact for de-listing, but it had gone totally ignored, or at least we didn't receive a response to it, and we sure as hell weren't about to pay some one holding us to ransom.

We informed our customers to tell the people who were unable to send them email that they needed to tell whomever was hosting their sending MTA to stop using SORBS.

In any case, its obvious SORBS has fallen out of favour with alot of networks, I suspect mostly due to inaccurate data because how difficult its traditionally been to get de-listed.

Good luck Michelle... I sincerely hope you can make SORBS a better experience for us poor network operators.