[AusNOG] Network Operators Unite Against SORBS

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Oct 13 15:23:45 EST 2010

On 13/10/2010, at 10:59 AM, Cole, Patrick wrote:

> Personally,  I'm sick of SORBS wasting my time with their DUHL listings on IP address space that has been re-purposed from dynamic to static.   After six months of logging tickets I finally got all our static blocks delisted a few months ago, and now just in the last week suddenly the whole lot have been listed again, and their website was also broken at the time making delisting impossible.    A week later, customers are still complaining.

I'm guessing you're not on the SORBS mailing list - it's been a busy couple of weeks for them :)  They were apparently migrating from their 'old' database, to a 'new' database, and something broke in the process, so instead of happening overnight, it took over a week..  And in the middle of that, a whole bunch of old listings re-appeared.  Mat^H^Hichelle posted on the 8th that that was now all fixed and the migration was completed.

Seems they have some new delisting policies with the new owners.. - get your netblock blacklisted (rather than just a single IP), and you have no option except to pay the 'donation' ? hrrrm

Cheers,

DG

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust