[AusNOG] Consumer HD Teleconferencing

Andrew Oskam percy at th3interw3bs.net
Thu Oct 7 10:09:58 EST 2010

I guess the biggest problem that people see with this selling point is that your average Joe won't be doing HD Teleconferencing.

While the NBN is being rolled out to everyone, the people who actually DO use or at least plan to use HD teleconferencing are typically (keyword being typically) are the ones who can already afford a high upstream broadband service.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that this "standard" isn't really a standard that is adopted by the mainstream of Australia. Therefore I don't see it as a strong selling point for today.

The future however could be a different story..

Andrew Oskam
E  percy at th3interw3bs.net

NOTICE:
These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of my employer or their affiliates. All comments are based upon my current knowledge and my own personal experiences. You should conduct independent tests to verify the validity of any statements made in this email before basing any decisions upon those statements.