[AusNOG] Fw: Youtube-over-IPv6

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Tue Feb 2 18:03:50 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Steve Lisson
<SteveL at dedicatedservers.net.au> wrote:
> Its not actually www.youtube.com that they have IPv6 enabled, it's the
> images and video content served from the site. (might check
> v21.lscache1.l.google.com but can not confirm as do not have our network
> enabled for IPv6 with Google (not enough customers using it yet).

$ dig v21.lscache1.l.google.com aaaa +short
2001:4860:4001:402::1e

However all of the content servers I seem to be getting served are not
returning AAAA addresses so it looks like it's a bit hit-and-miss.

$ dig v16.lscache7.c.youtube.com aaaa +short
v16.lscache7.l.google.com.
$ dig v16.lscache7.l.google.com aaaa +short
$ dig v16.lscache7.l.google.com a +short
208.117.232.102

  Scott