[AusNOG] Urgent - Pacnet NOC contact (with BGP clue)

John Edwards john at netniche.com.au
Sun Dec 12 11:01:33 EST 2010

On 12/12/2010, at 10:00 AM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Do any commercials, people, history, etc or so on, matter in this situation we are in?

Yes.

If there is a commercial transaction and outstanding payments, then it's likely that this will be deemed a civil dispute and lawyers will have to sort it out.

We learned this the hard way after dealing with another carrier having "koala heritage", and finding that local police were reluctant to get involved with what appeared to be an obvious crime to those affected. In this particular case the carrier bizarrely refused to invoice for payment (after insisting on a cash deposit), and then used the outstanding money as an excuse to wreak havoc.

John